Friday, March 5, 2010

Reliquary Character Sheet progress

I had a couple interesting ideas yesterday (see previous brain dump post) and decided that I'd try and implement some of them today since I had the day off.

Its suprising how much time even small parts of this can take, but I'm really excited about the new aspects i'm bringing in. The biggest thing I worked on today was separating the actual modifiers from the skill map, and then associating them with three new stats which track them. It took a LONG time to come up with a decent way to show all this one one 8 x 11 piece of paper and have it have some semblance of coherence. All the circles are sized to fit a penny, since that is still my main token at the moment. Click on the image for a larger version if you are having trouble reading it.
You can see how this solved another problem I had, how do I specify what the MAX health is while also having a current health track? have two tracks? Yuck. Well i just integrated it into the new Defense skill track so you can see where your current max is. This worked great for the damage and focus amounts as well.

This is completely unplayed yet of course, so balance is probably totally off. I did try and take a stab at making it give a player who heads in a more defensive route more gains HP wise then if they went damage. This is mostly due to damage seeming to be a much more effective stat in ending fights early.

I hope to fill in most of the stat blanks with good stuff. The Wisdom line will for sure get some some more love since it's pretty barren. I tried to make it all work out so that someone will have to go deep into one area of the Skill map twice in order to even get close to maxing out that stat.

I was hoping to add in some starting items like weapons for Prototype 2 but I'm starting to think I need to reduce the scope and test out the new additions. I have already decided that weapons will add dice rolls, so Proto 2 might end up being dice-less if I indeed don't integrate any weapons.

I spent a little time working on a digital game board, and this is where I'm at so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment