Monday, March 8, 2010

Reliquary Prototype 2 almost done

I had the day off today and decided to push my way through implementing all my ideas into Prototype 2 to make it playtestable tonight with Shane. Unfortunately I ran out of time, so instead of play testing i'll just write up a post about where I'm at and hopefully I can get a game in very soon.

DUNGEON BOARD
This is my first stab at distributing the experience resources around the map. One issue with Proto 1 was that there was no reason to move around the board. Now that I have eliminated standard "experience" for skill map progression and substituted it with various colored relic requirements the player will have to move around to gather the colors they require.

Every space with a color on it is a fighting location, and every gray space is a non-fighting space. When in a non-fight space you can upgrade on the skill map, draw cards, heal X amount and regen X focus. Not all on the same turn, but I think you will always get to draw cards and upgrade.

When you beat a monster on a fight location you can choose to take one of the two colors on the space if they are horizontal, and you take all of the colors if they are vertical or if there are three. I know its not rotation safe yet, thats on my short list to fix.

CHARACTER SHEET
This is quite similar to the last version I posted, with the big difference being the cut up colors on the skill map. Now you are required to get all of the shown colors in a given circle in order to upgrade into the location. In order to drop a permanent skill token I am thinking it will cost 2 of any relic color.

MONSTER AND DUNGEON CARDS
The monster cards and dungeon cards are for the most part the same as Proto 1, just digital instead of my chicken scratch. The only real difference is instead of spending experience to play dungeon cards, players now spend Focus. In addition the monsters reward a player for killing them with X focus as well as the colored relic that is printed on the main map.

So all I really have to do is print and cut all this out, as well as fix the rotational confusion of the dungeon board, and it'll be ready for play testing. My main tester, Shane, is out of town for 2 weeks starting wednesday so I might be trying to enlist other friends for this task soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment